1. Biltmore: First seen on the big screen in 1952 in The Swan starring Grace Kelly. Other movies filmed here include Hannibal, Return to Secret Garden, The Clearing, My Fellow Americans, Richie Rich, and Being There.
2. Chimney Rock: The park just celebrated the 20th anniversary of the filming of the Last of the Mohicans starring Daniel Day-Lewis.
3. Lake Lure: Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey 1980s hit Dirty Dancing. The Dirty Dancing Festival is held each August.
4. DuPont State Forest: The Hunger Games filmed in 2011 by the waterfalls. Read more about this and other Hunger Games locations, including the ghost town used for District 1, at www.romanticasheville.com/hunger_games.htm
5. Downtown Asheville: Conquest of Canaan was the first movie filmed in Asheville, in the 1920s.
6. Great Smoky Mountains: The Fugitive with Harrison Ford filmed at Cheoah Dam. Nell with Jodie Foster filmed at Fontana Lake. Ride by this location on the Great Smoky Mountains Railroad.
7. Grandfather Mountain: Several of the running scenes filmed for the 1994 Academy Award winning Forrest Gump.
8. Blue Ridge Parkway: Patch Adams and The Green Mile filmed along Parkway.
9. Black Mountain: 28 Days starring Sandra Bullock was filmed in 1999
10. Cold Mountain: While the 2003 movie was not filmed here, explore the areas featured in the best-selling Charles Frazier novel.